So, with that being said, I'm going to do a little photo share. I've left the last one up there, despite the fact that it KILLS me that those early photos are out there for the whole world to see, but it really does help me to see how far I've come when I go back and look at them. I'm coming up on a year of being separated (official date was 10/15), and it feels great to see what a BAD place I was in at the time, and what a GREAT place I'm in now. I'm happy, and I'm healthy, and we're all reaping the benefits of that!
OK, so here they are. The ones in the blue/purple were taking the beginning of August and the ones in black were taken today, so it's been about 2 months. Sure, black is slimming and I'm wearing different outfits, but I really feel like I can see a difference. I know I can feel a difference. It makes me a little angry at myself to know that I felt SO BAD for so long and could have been feeling as good as I feel right now if I had just taken better control of my life and my emotions rather than letting my misery affect my physical well-being. (Note: I cleaned the mirror this morning after taking these pics. WHY do children like to put their fingers all over a clean mirror?)
In addition to that, I'm back sewing again after taking some time off for the summer. I've also ordered some new bolts of fabric for Lark Song Fabrics so that I can freshen up my stock. I'm approaching the 1 year anniversary of LSF, and I'm super excited about it. The little fabric hoarder in me just LOVES opening my cabinet and seeing all those beautiful bolts in there!
Since Halloween is coming (We're going as Mario characters - I can't wait to share those photos once the costumes are done!), I thought I'd share these adorable outfits I made for two sisters for a Halloween photo shoot.
Lastly, I'm happy to say that after a YEAR of trying to figure out what I wanted to do with it, I've finally gotten my bedroom to the point where I'm really happy with it. I wanted it to reflect my personality, and to be fun and girly. You know I love color, so it makes me so happy to be in there now, and there are two little boys who seem to like it a lot as well, even if it IS a little girly!
Take care of yourselves!
Amanda








No comments:
Post a Comment